Searching for an Expert Oral Surgeon
Dental surgery is a branch of dentistry that involves profound changes in the teeth, the facial bones and the entire oral cavity, in general. Oral surgeons perform interventions from ranging from facial reconstruction following accidents, dental implants, tumors and cysts that appear in the facial musculature.
Types of surgery:
- Simple dental extractions
- Complicated dental extractions that involve the removal of soft tissue surrounding the bone or root stumps
- Extractions of wisdom teeth (simple, semi impacted, impacted)
- Soft tissue sampling for biopsy
- Removal of tumors from the oral cavity
- Dental implants
- Orthodontics and Orthopedics in repositioning the jaw, to correct bite problems
- Restoration of the bone or fractures in the cheek
- Dental pulp interventions (endodontic surgery)
- Dental prosthetics – in procedures such as crowns, facets, decks, dentures
Given the complexity of the surgical interventions, if you need a dental implant, make sure you choose a respected dental implants Colorado Springs specialist. You can start with recommendations from your acquaintances, but you will have to continue with a visit to the office and a discussion with the respective specialist. First of all, you have to make sure that he/ she has the necessary professional certifications and specializations, the equipment and the interest to follow the newest trends in the field.
An oral surgeon performs invasive surgery. Even if they are painless, such procedures should always be done in a hygienic environment. It is also important for you as a patient to be treated with kindness, both by the doctor and by the auxiliary staff.