Oral Health Basics
Oral health is essential for your general health and well-being – the oral cavity is the first barrier that prevents viruses and bacteria from getting into your body and the heath of your teeth and your gums is important for having a confident smile as well. Here are some tips about how to maintain it:
- Regular, thorough dental cleaning – brushing your teeth at least twice a day, flossing once and using an antibacterial mouthwash are the best methods to maintain oral health;
- Don’t stress your teeth – avoid biting into food that is too hard and crunchy and avoid food and beverages that are too cold or too hot. Impact and thermal shock are very damaging for the enamel on your teeth;
- Watch your diet – sugar and acids are also harmful for your teeth, so try to limit your intake of soda drinks and sweets. Replace sweet and acidy foods and drinks with fruits and meals rich in fibers;
- Avoid tobacco and limit your intake of coffee, black tea, red wine and other beverages that might stain your pearly white;
- Visit your dentist regularly – pay a visit to your dentist every six months, even if you don’t have any dental problems. Your dentist will be able to detect any issues before they start causing pain or discomfort, and recommend a highly qualified Castle Rock oral surgery center if needed.
Feb 17th, 2020 11:40 pm
Filed under Dental Care . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Tags: Castle Rock oral surgery