How to Know if You Need an Oral Surgeon
Dental surgery (oral or dento-alveolar) is a very important branch in dentistry and helps to solve the oral complications that prevent the functioning and restoration of the tooth.
If you are not aware of the nature of your dental problems, you should contact a good dentist that will determine the type of treatment you need.
Also, here is a list of dental treatments that require surgery in a dental clinic:
- Infections at the root of the tooth that require apical resection, also called apical granulomas
- Impacted wisdom tooth or canines
- Dental extractions by alveolotomy
- Various maxillary cysts
- Normal or complicated abscess incision
- Surgical treatment for prosthetics
- Discovery of impacted teeth for orthodontic purposes, gingivectomy, gingivoplasty
- Regularizations of the alveolar ridges
- Removing benign tumors of the soft parts or of the maxillary bones
- Periodontal surgery
- Bone augmentation
- External and internal sinus lift (used when performing a dental implant operation)
- Gingival plastic surgery
- Sub-gingival curvature
- Diagnose of malignant tumors
Any complex treatment requires a thorough knowledge of both the case and the patient. This is why it is important to choose a prominent Colorado Springs oral surgery clinic that you can trust, who dedicates time to getting to know and interact with their patients, to help them overcome any emotions or anxiety barriers that may occur before surgery.