Dental Implant Post-Op Instructions Wisdom Teeth Extraction Post-Op Instructions Extractions Post-Op Instructions
Preparing for Intravenous (IV) Sedation
Most procedures are accomplished with a combination of intravenous sedation and/or local anesthesia. This approach ensures that your procedure will be accomplished in a comfortable and safe environment. Please take the following steps when preparing for your surgery at IOSC:
- Have nothing to eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to the procedure. If you have scheduled an early morning appointment, have nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery.
- Please take your customary medications and any medications recommended by Dr. Bandrowsky with small sips of water.
- Please wear short sleeves and loose fitting, comfortable clothes. We will need easy access to your upper extremities for monitoring devices and administration of medications.
- Please remove contact lenses and wear minimal jewelry, and facial makeup.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- You should make arrangements for transportation to and from our office. A responsible adult must accompany you to your appointment, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the you home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia
- If you normally wear a removable denture (flipper, retainer, partial), be certain to bring it with you to your surgical visit. If appropriate, you will be able to resume its normal use shortly after surgery. Occasionally you will be requested to leave it out until adequate healing has occurred.
- If you have any questions and/or concerns about your treatment plan or planned procedures, including scheduling, insurance or financial concerns please ask our staff before the procedure begins.
Contact us if you have questions or if you would like to set up a consultation.